NVK Nederlandse Vereniging voor Kristallografie,
protein section meeting
The first NVK protein section
meeting will be held on the 13th of June
1997 in the Netherlands Cancer Institute in Amsterdam. We have been able
to compile an exciting program with both a good number of new methods and
an impressive number of structural results from within our community.
After the scientific program we want to close with a short meeting about
future plans and a "borrel". Afterwards an informal, unsubsidized dinner
is planned in a central Amsterdam restaurant.
The meeting is open for anybody interested. Inquiries can be made withTitia Sixma
The costs are fl 12.50 for the lunch. Opgeven bij
Sixma@nki.nl or Marlijn Sonne at
phone:(+31)-(0)20-5121950/fax:5121954. Those who want to join for
dinner should preferably indicate this.
The NKI can be reached by train from station Lelylaan (15 minutes walk) or
from the Central station (by tram 2,~30 minutes). By car at exit Sloten
from the Amsterdam ring (A10) or the A4.
Program for the first NVK protein subsection meeting, on 13 june 1997
Collegezaal, NKI, Plesmanlaan 121, AMSTERDAM. All talks are 20 minutes + 5
- 10.00-10.30 Coffee and welcome
- Jan-Pieter Abrahams (Cambridge)
- "Removing bias in phase refinement: introducing the gamma-correction"
- Anastassis Perrakis (Amsterdam)
- "wARP, the next generation"
- Piet Gros (Utrecht)
- "ARENA, a new method for studying side-chain packings"
- Rob van Montfort (Groningen)
- "The structure of IIAmannitol, an energy coupling protein in
- Arthur Oubrie (Groningen)
- "Molecular architecture of the aldose sugar biosensor glucose
- Joost Uitdehaag (Groningen)
- "How X-rays shed light on enzyme catalysis: substrate distortion
and substrate activation in the alpha-amylase family"
- Thomas R.Transue (Brussel)
- "Analyzing molecular interactions: assessing substrate mimicry of
an anti-lysozyme camel antibody"
- Arjan Snijder (Groningen)
- "Outer membrane phospholipase A: an integral membrane enzyme with
a porin fold"
- Luc van Meervelt (Leuven)
- "B-DNA structure "
- Gertie van Pouderoyen (Amsterdam)
- "Crystal structure of DNA binding domain of Tc3A transposase in
complex with transposon DNA"
- Jeroen Brandsen (Utrecht)
- "Crystal structure of the C-terminal domain of transcription
co-activator PC4 reveals distinct binding modes for ssDNA and
16.30-17.30 Drinks & meeting
Afterwards: Dinner in Amsterdam (eigen kosten/ going Dutch....)